Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just Another Day in the Life

I've decided that I'm going to start actually using my blog. yay! I'm thinking of writing just about the everyday musings and occurrences of my daily life. Not because I think anyone really wants to read them, but because I feel like writing and think this is a good outlet. So here goes nothin.

Yesterday I discovered the non-stop Christmas music station on the radio. I had heard rumors, but didn't realize they were already playing it. Needless to say, I was very excited. However, the song that was on at that time just didn't work for me. I didn't want that song to be the first Christmas song I heard of the season. My second (okay, third) attempt- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! by Johnny Mathis -was a much better selection. I happily sang along and grew more and more excited for the coming holidays.
Today was wonderfully winter-esque. I didn't care too much for the 1/4" of ice on my windshield this morning (especially because I don't have an ice scraper for my new car yet...must make a mental note to go to wal-mart) but I loved the fact that the sky was gray and I could wear boots and my nice coat. My favorite part of the day was driving home from work listening to the "All Christmas All the Time" station and seeing the twinkle lights outside my apartment. It's the simple things, I tell ya.

I'm trying to decide how detailed I want to get in this blog. I'm sure I won't be able to go for long without mentioning a few people, so maybe I'll just outline the major players now.
the boyfriend= the boy
my sister= S
my mom= mom
a friend= R
the boyfriend's roommate= J

that should about cover it for now. I have a feeling this might get confusing...

One more thing. I'm super excited that my family is coming for Thanksgiving. Just the brothers and sister (and husband) but that's 4. Add me and the boy (and possibly J) and that's a full table! I'm excited to cook all my holiday favorites and share them with the people I love. Thanksgiving is edging closer to stealing first place from Christmas on my list of favorite holidays. But who am I kidding.. that will never happen!

No comments: