Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Four-Eyes

I have to go to the eye doctor today. For some reason, I am really dreading it. I haven't been since I was probably 9 years old, and I am nervous. I am not looking forward to the idea of wearing glasses again, although I desperately need them since I am practically blind at this point. I know they will make a world of difference and my headaches will go away (and I will be able to pass the vision test at the DMV...). But I don't want them!! Maybe I am more vain than I thought. I feel like they are going to totally change my appearance and they will be in the way and I am sure I will develop the habit of unconsciously using my finger to push them up on the bridge of my nose...... Mostly, I feel like I will look like a nerd. (I am a nerd, but I don't want people to know that just by looking at me!)
I am totally having a "Stephanie" moment. Where's my Steve Urkel??

I am pretty sure I will get contacts, but not right away. I have to get over the idea of touching my eye first.


Anyway, I was looking online and found some frames that were okay, I guess. Although, I have no idea what's going to look good on my face. And I'm pretty sure my selection won't be as glamorous.




These by Baby Phat were my favorite of the ones I saw.
Then, because my sister loves hers so much, I looked at some Candies.


These are cute, but I definitely do not like the color.And then here are some from Juicy Couture, just cuz.



Only an hour left and I am not feeling any better. Although, this did make me smile.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I think you will be so cute in glasses! It's always to hard to pick them out before you try them on. I think having glasses would be fun and seem to add a look of sophistication. Can't wait to see what you pick out!

Raelynn said...

you'll be precious, you silly goose.

Jenn said...

Aw, thanks guys! :) I went and tried a TON last night and took Steve as my 2nd opinion. We liked these the best. http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Vogue-tdmgkj/r.html

I haven't decided on anything yet though. We shall see...