Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Day In the Life...

not to steal Raelynn's format, but time logs are a fun way to post!

7:34- clock in at work, almost late because the time clock sucks
7:35- log in to phone but stay on "aux" cuz I refuse to speak (on the phone, or otherwise) before 8:30 am
7:40- log on to Gmail and check my reader. something like 20 new posts (majority of them are from People.com and failblog)
7:53- quickly complete the 16 items I have for the day. decide against asking my supervisor for something to do because the answer is always the same.

8:15- daily morning meeting. nothing important is discussed
8:33- finish chatting with the ladies and turn back to computer
8:35- tire of looking at my blank desktop, open google, search for one tree hill gossip
8:40- decide that OTH 'behind the scenes' is pretty boring, close google
8:40- stare idly at my computer, decide to log in to phone and answer calls, but there are none.
9:45- hobble to the kitchen and make my instant oatmeal. but I hate it and don't know why I keep trying to eat it. force down a few bites until it becomes cold and lumpy, then throw it away.
9:50- realize I missed my chance at a call (and therefore, something to do) and put my phone back on 'available'
9:53- get text message from my brother saying that he is leaving for the Air Force on May 12 and I will not be able to see him before he leaves. have a 5 minute pity-party/mini cry-fest. seriously think about going home. recompose myself. reopen google.
10-10:30- search Google for everything from Easter recipes to heel pain to jelly bean poems. Intermittently check Reader for new posts, the only new ones are from People. I'm sick of hearing about Madonna and her Malawi adoption. seriously.
10:30- first phone call!! but it's just a transfer...
10:35- decide I want to make an Easter dinner: ham, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots and rolls. yum
10:45- IM my friend and bug her about Easter plans, etc. She actually has work to do and I feel bad.
10:50- google Taylor Momsen (i have no idea?) and look up recipes for hot cross buns; decide I do not have the desire to make those.
10:52- another call. quick and easy, nothing exciting.
10:55- open Paint and start making easter eggs. make a whole bunch, am very proud, email them to show my mom and set them as my desktop background.
11:15- wonder if it's too early to call Steve to see if I can come home for lunch and if he will make pizza?
11:27- Steve calls and asks if I want to come home for lunch; says he will make pizza. :)
11:45- open Reader yet again.. nothing. decide I'll write my own blog.
11:57- 3rd phone call... confused lady who has no idea what she's talking about. transfer her to get some help.
currently 12:21: I think you get the idea and now I'm going home for lunch. yay pizza!

No comments: