Tuesday, June 2, 2009

'Personal Assistant' could also mean......what?

The other night I had a dream that I was in a competition to become Jason Mraz's personal assistant.

It was 90% the Bachelor-esque and 10% text-message contest. I texted my way into the finale and made it to the top 8 women who got to have dinner with him. Then, somehow (you know how dreams are vague), I was down to the last two. The other girl, her name was something dumb like Alicia or something, was totally a biotch and seemed more interested with flirting than doing her job. But she was gorgeous and outgoing and bubbly and fun and all of that (that apparently my mind thinks Jason would find appealing.)
So because we were the last two, we got to go on the "home dates". We went to Jason's home and met his family (where I totally hit it off with his mother!) and friends and interacted with them. This was obviously important because Jason's personal assistant would have to get along with everyone in his life. (Strangely, Colbie was nowhere to be found...lol.)
So just when he was about to announce the winner (the other girl) I whispered something in his ear (I don't know what, but I'm pretty sure it was NOT dirty) that proved how much I wanted the job, so he decided we needed a tie-breaker. After that, I had to work extra hard to prove just how much I wanted it while the other girl just tried to make me look bad.
In the end, I am pretty sure I didn't win. But I became friends with Jason and was so happy that I had had the chance to get to know him, blah blah blah.

I woke up thinking, WTF?? It was kind of out of nowhere...But I had been having other strange dreams over the weekend (for the record, Steve is not allowed to interact with any women of Bolivian descent). Maybe it was my subconcious feeling discontent with my job and wanting a position that was exciting and purposeful. Or maybe the personal assistant symbolized a desire to make a difference in someone's life and help someone who was in need.

Whatever. I'm pretty sure it was just a part of my brain wishing I could hang out with Jason Mraz. :)

No comments: