Friday, May 15, 2009

Emotional Overload (aka TV spoilers ahead)

This week has been rough.

It's no secret that I am obsessed with enjoy my tv shows. This week began season finales, which I always dread. But this season has been a little harder to handle.

Let's start at the beginning (of the week).

Monday was One Tree Hill. Although they still have one more episode next week, Monday's episode was probably the most emotional and happy and sad and frustrating and confusing episode ever. Lucas and Peyton finally got married, but you KNEW what was coming as he left to go to the garage. But that isn't the worst of it...
It has been confirmed that Hilarie Burton and Chad Michael Murray will not be returning next season.
Honestly, I can't even talk about it right now.

Moving on.

Monday also gave us the season (series?) finale of House. After that episode, I was talking about it to anyone who would listen. (Regardless if they watch the show or not, I was telling them everything!)

I still am not really sure what all happened. What I think happened, was that he turned out to have schizophrenia. Right? And if that's the case, and he actually has a mental illness, how will he be back next season???? He can't practice medicine anymore. And the whole basis of the show is about him, HOUSE, being a doctor. (Kind of like how One Tree Hill is about Lucas and Peyton and can't possibly go on without them. But I digress...) It was just crazy. Crazy and totally shocking!

Tuesday was filled with great performances by Danny Gokey, Kris Allen and that other guy. Although it seemed inevitable, nothing prepared me for saying goodbye to Danny on Wednesday night. I really didn't think he was going to win the whole thing. (Honestly, I have been rooting for Kris the entire time.) But I wanted him to at least beat out Glambert (who I absolutely cannot stand another second of. ew.)
For some reason, the mere sight of Danny (let alone hearing him sing) solicits tears that I can't control. I blame it mostly on the devastating story about his wife. Trying to imagine the pain he has gone through and then hearing him sing songs like What Hurts the Most, is more than I can take. (Btw, if you watch that video and don't cry, you surely have a heart of stone.)

That brings us to Thursday. (Which, for those of you who live in a cave, means Grey's Anatomy.)
I had heard that the 2-hour season finale would be a tear-jerker. But seriously.
I had been struggling the whole episode to come to terms with the fact that George was joining the war. (Which I'm sure had something to do with my brother joining the Air Force this week...)
But when the John Doe traced "007" into Merideth's hand, my brain put two and two together and I was crying before I knew what was happening. Truthfully, it may or may not have been one of the biggest displays-of-emotion-in-response-to-a-tv-show, ever. *Insert sheepish grin here*

But seriously. Seriously?!
I mean, I knew that he might be leaving the show. But I did not in a million years consider that he would be leaving the planet! I mean, it's George. Lovable, goofy, sweet George.
It's no secret that I'm a die-hard Mer-Der fan. But George has definitely always had a special place in my heart, that probably started when he helped Bailey deliver her baby.
He can't die. He just can't.

And now we have to wait four frickin months to get any sort of closure.

I just may have to break out the dvds this summer to try and console my breaking heart.

No comments: