Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Leaving Tonight*

In less than 24 hours I will be in the great state of Oklahoma. Yipee!!

Oklahoma means family, home, beautiful sunsets, brother (singular...*tear*) and sister and mom, relaxation, and did I mention time with my family? I can't wait to hit the road and be outta here for a whole week!
Thunderstorms are in the forecast for CO this evening, which I am not thrilled about driving through. But I think it should be fine.

(Of course, the second I leave CO would get a thunderstorm...)

I am also not thrilled that thunderstorms and high 80s is the forecast for Stillwater the entire time I am there! Grrr. My hair does NOT appreciate the humidity. I suspect I will look like a poodle the second I get out of the car.

It will be so nice to get some time away. I miss my family terribly, and I'm a little homesick for good ole' Stillwater. A snowcone with my sis will make my heart happy.
I'm also looking forward to spending some time with Steve's family. This will be the first time he "takes me back home" and the first time I will meet the fam as the "girlfriend". (Or as his mom likes to call me, special friend. lol) However, I am most looking forward to meeting his adorable 4-year old niece. I even have a little gift for her, just to be sure she likes me from the start. :)

It should be a great week and I plan on savoring every moment.
Oklahoma, here I come!

*Totally unrelated yet fabulous song by Jennifer Hudson and Ne-Yo. Go listen. Seriously.

No comments: